On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 14:14 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
> On 18.06.2011 09:16, Hans de Graaff wrote:
> >
> >> RDEPEND="dev-ruby/rcsparse >=dev-ruby/rbtree-0.3.0-r2 dev-vcs/git"
> >
> > The ruby-ng eclasses frob RDEPEND, so you should always add to it, e.g.
> >
> > RDEPEND="${RDEPEND} dev-vcs/git"
> >

> This stacking is automatically handled by the package manager.

We also add dependencies to RDEPEND in the eclass and I seem to remember
from previous bug hunting that just setting RDEPEND and/or DEPEND caused
problems with these dependencies disappearing. It's been too long ago so
I don't have details, but if that is considered a bug then I can
probably try to track that down again.

Kind regards,

Hans