On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 07:27:23AM +0200, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
(klondike) wrote:
> El 03/08/11 06:57, Robin H. Johnson escribió:
> > On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 04:13:19AM +0200, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera
> > (klondike) wrote:
> >> Come on they can't be serious... this won't work against Gentoo devs,
> >> will it?
> > It is concerning that the spammer used a valid list subscriber.
> >
> > Crunching all attachments for validation or moderating everything to
> > catch this is a lot of work.
> What about using an antispam filter reference for moderation. A properly
> configured antispam system should have detected a mail like that one as,
> at least, a possible virus.
Sure, infra has planned similar for a long time now, but there's not
enough manpower for it, mainly in the part of working out and
documenting all of the last 5 years of Postfix configuration cruft so
that we can port it to something else, specifically qpsmtpd for the SMTP
inbound (as there are a bunch of checks specific to lists we'd like to
do at SMTP time).

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robb...@gentoo.org