On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 18:55, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> python.eclass from python overlay supports EAPI="4".
>
> Sounds good to me. Why isn't it yet in the main portage tree?

Because Arfrever isn't a developer anymore, none of the other
developers are very familiar with the eclass code, and we'd really
like to limit any additional complexity introduced now (because we'd
like to start removing complexity from it soonish). So I've been
reviewing the patches carefully before committing them, and that takes
time. I was on holiday for the past two weeks, but I will try to
continue tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dirkjan