On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 03:55:23PM -0500, Dale wrote:
> > Did he file a bug for this? We have been working on them.
> Nope.  He's a ghost Gentoo user.  I don't think he is subscribed to any
> mailing list or the forums.  He just searches for clues and docs.
Can you please data-capture that bug and file it for him then.

We really need to hear about hidden bugs like this.

> I have to say, the docs seem to be lacking on updates.  I think it is a
> lack of manpower so my hats off to the few, maybe even one, that is
> working hard to do what is done.  I wish I could help more.  I'm
> disabled and have more time than most to do it but the xml thingy is
> Greek to me.
Write plaintext (or wiki markup), adding the XML is a fairly trivial
transform.

> Some things are more important and some may not be such a huge deal
> but networking is something that about every computer has to have and
> some setups are complicated and need to have good docs to back those
> people up.
I've got some very complex network setups that I have documented and
supported. My homedir has several of them from my own experience:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~robbat2/conf.d-net/
Includes dual-homing, multi-homing, and HE.net IPv6 tunnels.
I wrote a lot of the original bonding, vlan, mac-changer, bridging code
in BL1.

Better documentation on how to set up the complex network configs would
be great, but the net.example is too long already.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robb...@gentoo.org