On 2011.08.20 23:20, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Roy Bamford
> <neddyseag...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > As far as I am aware, under the current organisation there is no
> legal
> > connection between the Gentoo Foundation Inc., and the Gentoo
> > distribution.

[snip]

> Regardless of who can get sued, we should comply with the GPL
> regardless.  To that end I agree that we should refrain from shipping
> historical binaries unless we also tarball portage and the distfiles
> from the same period of time.  I definitely agree with his suggestion
> that we should always make both available online simultaneously to
> avoid the 3-year rule.

[snip]

> Rich

Rich,

There are two separate issue here and they have separate timescales for
being addressed.

We need to comply with the GPL now and always, so we should do as
Duncan suggests.  Take down old binaries now and post sources with new
binaries. e.g. the liveDVDs.

Sorting out our internal structure is a separate issue to address in
slower time but it needs to be done before something goes wrong because
there just won't be time then.

--
Regards,

Roy Bamford