On Tuesday 23 of August 2011 18:54:04 Paweł Hajdan, Jr. wrote:
> On 8/22/11 12:21 PM, Michael wrote:
> > I wrote a script to search for discrepancies between linked libraries and
> > what's defined in (R)DEPEND, with the intention of improving QA for
> > minimal package installs.
>
> It would be great to integrate this into portage and make it a part of
> the developer profile. This would just help prevent future breakages.

It seems there are a couple of such home-grown solutions already.
dberkholz used to have on in his dev webspace[1], we have one[2] in kde
overlay...

1.  http://dev.gentoo.org/~dberkholz/scripts/ (linking_libs, included_headers)
2.
http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde.git;a=tree;f=Documentation/maintainers;hb=master