On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
<jmbsvice...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> when you have doubts about a license and mail the gentoo-dev ml, also cc
> the licenses alias.

Will do.

> I'm curious, but does Google release a pre-compiled binary that you can
> use as chrome-bin?

That is exactly the sort of package I am planning to add. "Chrome"
cannot be built from source by anyone except a Google employee.

To clarify: Chrome is a pre-built, officially branded version of the
open-source "Chromium" project. It also includes a few proprietary
components, like a PDF reader plugin from Adobe.

The Chromium project does produce automatic snapshot builds which do
not not include the branding and proprietary software, but these fall
under more open-source friendly license.