Mike Frysinger schrieb:
> On Friday, September 16, 2011 04:28:24 Stratos Psomadakis wrote:
>> Is a x86/amd64/x32 multilib profile just going to provide toolchain
>> support for x32 binaries (like x86 in a x86/amd64 multilib profile), or
>> do we want a 'full' x32 profile, where every package is built by default
>> as x32 code?
>
> this is an issue for the multilib-portage project
> -mike

How is this an issue for multilib-portage? It only requires a toolchain able to
build for the target
and the details in environment (like possible targets and needed additional
flags for each target).
Thinking about the issues when starting with a new target, it might be a good
idea to have the basic
system (stage3) for the multilib profile to contain files for all targets, but
only enable the
default ABI. So when a user wants some other targets, he already has a base
system, else he can just
reinstall the base system and drop the unused files with this step.