On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:40:10 -0500
Olivier Crête <tes...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 15:54 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:51:12 +0100
> > Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > > /bin/systemctl
> > >   libdbus-1.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libdbus-1.so.3
> >
> > Here is a prime example of why "vertical integration" should really
> > be called "a horrible mess of tight coupling"...
>
> You clearly have failed to realize that d-bus is a now the bus for
> system messaging and is as much part of the system as syslog or bash.
> Probably even more so, for example, in Fedora 17, you'll be able to
> boot without syslog or bash, but you need d-bus.

No, I realise full well that some GnomeOS developers would like us to
think that HAL, D-BUS, network-manager, udev-extras etc are part of the
system, and are sloppily writing code that makes that assumption.
However, the question ultimately under discussion is whether Gentoo is
to be a Linux distribution or a GnomeOS distribution.

--
Ciaran McCreesh