I've run into this three times today, so I'm a little grumpy.  When you bump
to a new ~arch version, please consider keeping at least one previous ~arch
version around, so if people run into major issues they can at lease try the
previously installed version to determine if it's your package at fault.
Recent version bumps to two libraries have completely trashed a package I
maintain, and the only option for my users is downgrading them to stable,
which requires downgrading several other libraries.  In both cases, the
previous ~arch version, which worked fine, was removed.

Personally I always try to keep two versions in ~arch and one stable,
excepting security or other major bugs that render an older version useless.

--
fonts, gcc-porting
toolchain, wxwidgets