On 22/02/12 00:38, Alec Warner wrote:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Pacho Ramos<pa...@gentoo.org>  wrote:
As looks like fixing old grub is far away because nobody know what is
causing that issues, probably trying to get grub-1.99 ready for
stabilization would be interesting (we will need to do that sooner or
later anyway)

Ubuntu has used grub2 for 3 years, I am considering working on making
it stable for at least x86 / amd64.

That's good news. I think Gentoo has a policy on not providing unmaintained software in the tree (they're getting tree cleaned.) Given that Grub 1 is both beta software (it got stuck at 0.97, never made it to 1.0) and unmaintained, stabilizing Grub 2 ASAP is the sanest thing you can do, since even though it's also beta software, it's at least maintained by upstream.