On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 05:10:14PM +0100, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
> On 13.03.2012 07:22, Brian Harring wrote:
> > Still is god awfuly fugly though, and reliant on digits as the first
> > character to be readable.  Consider exheres:
> > dev-foo/foo-bar-2.3.4.eapiexheres.eb
>
> Just for the record, your example is wrong. For exheres, it would be
>
> foo-bar-2.3.4.exheres-0
>
> "0" being the version. Simple, elegant, works.

The example was right; you just didn't bother to read the thread.

The proposal was to jam EAPI into the version namespace, rather than
extension.  Meaning they're proposing that foo-bar example be

foo-bar-2.3.4.eapiexheres-0.ebuild

As I said in the email you didn't bother to actually read, such a
proposal is fairly whacked and takes away the actual benefits of G55;
aka, do G55 before doing that attrocity.

I'll skip replying to the rest of the snark in the email; I will
however point out that toolish behaviour like above doesn't do G55 any
favors in trying to reverse 5 years of people saying "I don't like the
aesthetics".

That said, feel free to keep screaming into the wind about it.

~harring