On 03/13/2012 07:01 PM, Brian Harring wrote:
> With respect; you're proposing we go gum up version parsing via
> shoving EAPI directly into it.  Literally, make what is already a
> complex mess, worse.  Apply some KISS to your proposal please. ;)
>
> Just hammering the point home; compatibility *is* complex.  Claiming
> otherwise is naive.  Case in point: your proposal breaks the shit out
> of any current-day package manager that saw such a filename.

I'm not really interested in GLEP 55 or variants of it. I was just
saying that if we do go with a GLEP 55 variant, then I'd prefer one
that's similar to the "EAPI in the filename with one-time extension
change" option [1]. There are plenty of ways to do that without making
it difficult to separate the EAPI from the version part.

[1]
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0055.html#eapi-in-the-filename-with-one-time-extension-change
--
Thanks,