> > > From time to time I see old bug reports that are still wrongly opened
> > > and referring to old packages no longer in the tree. Would be possible
> > > to add a way to periodically check for bugs referring in summary to
> > > obsolete packages and, then, allow us to have a cleaner bug list?

How exactly would you do this?  Maintain a list of all packages ever removed
from the tree?  What if the package name is a common word?  What about bugs
requesting a previously removed package be re-added?  Or a different
project using the same name?

> It's not for versions, only package names (there are still bugs
> referring to already removed packages for months)

The person dumping the package should be checking for open bugs at the time
of removal.

--
fonts, gcc-porting
toolchain, wxwidgets