On Tue, 8 May 2012 15:44:09 +0200
Ulrich Mueller <u...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > I've just marked the profile 'default/bsd/fbsd/amd64/9.0' as
> > 'stable' in profiles.desc. I've been careful not to keyword
> > anything with broken deps, and its now forbidden. It is the first
> > g/fbsd profile marked as such.
>
> > [...]
>
> > cons: there's no stable amd64-fbsd keyword, i suppose that if we
> > want some day to stabilize it, it'll be hard with a 'stable'
> > profile, but we can temporarily switch it back to 'dev' while doing
> > it, and without preventing broken deps it'll be almost impossible
> > to do this anyway.
>
> This has as another consequence that we cannot extract the state of
> keywords from profiles.desc any more. So we need to find a different
> solution for bug 304133.
>
> Any ideas?

one of these maybe:

1) check if there's something starting with ~ in ACCEPT_KEYWORDS from
make.default (probably slow);
2) generate that list from profile's make.default when building
gentoolkit-dev
3) what are the usecases of ekeyword all ? noarch no deps packages ? in
that case i dont really mind amd64-fbsd being included
4) make ekeyword all use the union of stable keywords of current
package (probably saner as that wont bring in new stable keywords by
mistake)
5) create a new profile state meaning 'no stable keyword but broken
deps are errors'

A.