On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:06:27 +0200
hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 06/08/2012 03:55 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
> > On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 15:34:32 +0200 Is there a need for that?
>
> I don't know, do you?

Estimated to three packages, two in gx86, one in betagarden. All
of them grabbing zipballs from github, so can be easily changed to
download tarballs instead.

Do you see a reason why they should use zipballs which are larger
and require adding unzip to DEPEND rather than tarballs? The only
reason for that I can see is that they copy-pasted the 'download' URI
from somewhere where author posted only zipball link.

> This reduces the amount of archives the eclass can handle. Unless
> gentoo decides to drop zip support I don't see a reason to do that in
> an eclass too just for the sake of code-style.

It's for a sake of code & work amount. And zip support in Gentoo is not
obligatory. You need to add unzip to your DEPEND yourself.

> My previous implementation had no trouble with zipballs. So if you
> suggest a new implementation I would expect that to be better.

Your previous implementation was against the KISS principle.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny