On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:
> Roy Bamford wrote:
>
>> So when you build a dud kernel and flash your BIOS with it, and we
>> all build the odd dud, your motherboard is bricked.
>
> Any firmware modification has potential to brick, and shouldn't be
> done unless you are comfortable with the modification, or with
> solving a brick problem. :)

So, why are we still going back and forth about this?  If people want
to work on coreboot they can do so (I'm sure they have a list).  If
people want to fork coreboot or redo it from scrach they can do so and
start their own list.

When it is shiny and perfect and has a following of hundreds of linux
users we can always discuss whether we recommend using it in the
handbook on -dev then.  Otherwise it seems about as on-topic as
debating whether grub or systemd or openrc should have feature A/B/C -
we're a DISTRO - we integrate and ship what upstream gives us...

Rich