On 4 July 2012 02:16, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> a) || ( a b ) should be || ( b a ), to actually state what perl does,

I don't really see how that would help much, if anything, I get the
impression that would

1) needlessly install "b" even when it could be satisfied by a instead
( ie: before both a & b  are installed )
2) be more inclined to keep a than it currently does
3) Probably not help in the situation I had above with

=perl-core/Module-Metadata-1.0.6      ( stable , 1.0.9 is masked by ~ still )
=virtual/perl-Module-Metadata-1.0.9    ( --autounmasked from ~ )
=dev-lang/perl-5.16.0                          ( --autounmasked from ~ )

As after installing perl-5.16.0, the || (   )  is again satisfied,
rending the system somewhat broken, but having to wait for --depclean
before it comes right.

But I'm possibly wrong somewhere, I may have fundamentally
misunderstood how || (   ) works.

On 4 July 2012 02:16, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> b) perl should be modified to work like our deps specify.

That's probably the most difficult task of all, I think you'd have to
shred modules out of perl and hand package them into perl-core/
packages for that, and then never install them as part of perl,
despite the fact some of perl won't even build without some of those
modules in its tree ( so you have to remove them during install ), and
thats the start of all sorts of fun bootstrapping things I wont touch
dipped head-to-toe in antiseptic.

--
Kent

perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,