On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 13:56 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> While OpenRC is likely perfectly capable of starting/stopping daemons as
> a normal user (with some tweaks), I expect systemd replacing init, to
> already have a fair bit of isssues with being just a normal unprivileged
> user.  I may be wrong, of course.  However, the notorious reputation of
> that piece of software aiming for system-domination doesn't really make
> it sound to me like it ever will be a good match for Prefix.

You happen to be wrong. systemd runs perfectly as non-pid-1. Part of
Lennart's well published plan for world domination is to use systemd as
a session manager, so it would replace gnome-session, etc. Lennart &
friends are currently pushing kernel patches to make it fully recursive
(such as being able to re-parent orphaned processes to the session's
systemd instead of the global one.

--
Olivier Crête
tes...@gentoo.org