Ciaran McCreesh posted on Mon, 27 Aug 2012 22:33:42 +0100 as excerpted:

> No, you're utterly missing the point here. The spec is there to be
> followed, not battled and ignored unless a justification is provided at
> every step. When it comes to writing compliant ebuilds, PMS *is* the
> justification. One does not simply ignore the law because one does not
> like it or understand why it is the way it is.

Agreed.  But it can be made a pleasant experience... or not.  Why make it
an experience that people have to be dragged kicking and screaming into,
when if it wes presented a bit differently, people might actually /want/
to cooperate for a better gentoo, even if it's sometimes more work for
them personally?

That's all I'm saying.  It's being made a whole lot less pleasant that it
might be... for what reason?  Just to satisfy someone's ego that they're
right and can /force/ compliance?  Yuck!