On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:48:32 -0500
William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts about whether we should keep OpenRC
> support for one or both of these?

As a user… yes? I use a laptop, so I don’t much care which one is
maintained but I’d be quite annoyed if both went away (unless there’s
some other dæmon that does the same job that I’ve never heard of).

Side note… we’re talking about a pretty tiny program here. Is “upstream
unmaintained” actually really a big deal? I mean, if ifplugd has worked
without bugs for the last seven years then it doesn’t really matter
that it’s unmaintained, does it? All the bugs on ifplugd in BGO appear
to be mostly a pile of stuff related to the scripts around it,
plus #214842 which appears to have been the kernel’s fault and #171415
which was a minor QA issue.

Chris