On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 10:10:47PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sunday 16 September 2012 03:51:04 Brian Harring wrote:
> > +   if ! has $EAPI 0 1 2 3; then
> > +           eqawarn "built_with_use should not be used in $EAPI; use USE
> > deps."
> > +   elif has $EAPI 2 3; then
> > +           if [[ $hidden == yes ]] || $missing_was_set; then
> > +                   eqawarn "built_with_use in EAPI=$EAPI without --missing
> > or --
> hidden
> > usage, should use USE deps instead." +              else
> > +                   eqawarn "built_with_use should not be used; upgrade to
> > EAPI=4
> instead"
> > +           fi
> > +   fi
>
> i'd do:
>       case ${EAPI:-0} in
>       # No support in these EAPIs, so don't warn.
>       0|1) ;;
>       # Maybe warn as some functionality exist.
>       2|3) [[...]] && eqawarn "..." ;;
>       # Assume EAPI=4 or newer where all functionality exists.
>       *) eqawarn "..." ;;
>       esac

I'd be fine w/ it; worth noting, that was a 4am patch, so I'm not
claiming perfect implementatoin there. :)

My main focus here is switching built_with_use to actively nagging
people to stop using it; this includes nagging EAPI0/1 users of it.

Sans the implementation details, anyone got complaints with the
intent?
~brian