On 15 September 2012 04:01, Alexis Ballier <aball...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After more than 5 years maintaining it (sh*t I'm old), I've
> progressively lost interest in it, to the point that I consider it is
> better that someone else takes care of it. So far I have dropped
> maintainership to the video herd but vlc usually needs more specific
> attention, so I fear that it may not survive long if left as
> such.
>
> From what I've read in various places, I'm pretty sure there are
> competent fellow devs interested in it, so, please step up!
> I will of course help the brave(s) that would take it over with what
> they may need to know to be at ease with the package.
>
> Alexis.

Thanks for all you have done maintaining VLC all those years. It is
undoubtedly one of the most popular and versatile video players out
there. I really hope someone steps up to become its new dedicated
maintainer.

(Personally I have no interest as I use and co-maintain SMPlayer.)

--
Cheers,

Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer
Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin