On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> It is a simple eclass using autotools out-of-source builds to build
> packages for multiple ABIs when multilib is supported.

Thanks a lot, Michał! This looks good to me.

> Use case: xorg packages, ask Matt.

So the idea is that users want up-to-date 32-bit drivers for games and
WINE. The emul- packages aren't a very good solution for a number of
reasons.

I'd like to add multilib USE flags to Mesa and thus its dependencies.
I realized that almost everything in x11-libs/ could be converted very
easily, which would allow us to get rid of emul-linux-x86-xlibs in
addition to emul-linux-x86-opengl.