On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Jeroen Roovers <j...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Responding to no one in particular, but to the sub-thread about IRC
> bots:
>
> On Tue, 2 Oct 2012 08:32:26 +0200
> Fabian Groffen <grob...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> On 02-10-2012 12:40:20 +0800, Ben de Groot wrote:
>> > The irker proxy was mentioned in this thread. I think we should look
>> > into this. Unless someone has a better idea.
>>
>> I think it might be more beneficial to try and relay -commits email to
>> irc.
>
> An IRC bot is nice, but CIA also provided current (!) statistics, which
> isn't merely useful in order to boost your own morale/ego/self-esteem,
> but also provided up to date information about other developers'
> activity, which can help other developers decide if and when to step in
> and start (temporarily) maintaining packages that need immediate
> attention. ohloh cannot do that for us, presently, and a simple IRC
> bot cannot either.

Yeah, I miss the stats page too, but unfortunately I`m not aware of
anybody working on this feature. some people may list ohloh as a
replacement for CIA stats, but it is way behind the simplicity of the
CIA stats, and currently uses an almost always outdated git clone of
our cvs tree to gather the stats.

--
Rafael Goncalves Martins
Gentoo Linux developer