On 2 November 2012 18:01, Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
[...]
>> With the exception of hppa which explicitly says its use.mask shouldn't
>> be touched without permission, and now I can't enable pypy on flaggie
>> because that arch is slacking. Great, isn't it?
>
> As Michael already said on the very first post on this thread, you are
> free to touch the file is arch is slacking.

In that case this whole policy is unnecessary, as the minor arches are
always slacking and unresponsive, while x86 and amd64 have no problems
with developers doing what they need to do in their profiles.

In my opinion we should simply state that:
1) contacting arch teams is preferred, but should not hold up
development activity if they are not immediately responsive
2) we need make sure a bug is filed for each issue, so arch teams are
kept in the loop, and everyone can track what is going on
3) small changes are no problem (e.g. package.use.mask), but
wider-reaching changes should be announced / discussed in advance

--
Cheers,

Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer
Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin