On 18/11/2012 07:54, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> It's your choice to participate on those social platforms.  Please don't
> make it our problem.  It doesn't add anything useful to this discussion.

It adds. Because, while I don't know about you, I rely on Gentoo on my
job. And many others do, too.

And making Gentoo the laughing stock (_again_, I'd add) is something
that is detrimental to all of us there, as it makes it harder to let it
be seen for what it is (a very real, quit reliable distribution) rather
than a juvenile effort to be different from the rest.

How long did it take us to get rid of the "Gentoo is rice" fame? Do we
want to go back to that? _I_ don't think so.

So yes, the "social platforms" matter and are our problem. And it appals
me that a member of the council can't see that.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/