On 11/26/2012 12:40 AM, Denis M. (Phr33d0m) wrote:
> Hello, I'd have to mention, as HexChat is a fork from XChat it strictly
> depends on gtk+-2 as well. So removing gtk+-2* will make HexChat
> unusuable (at least the GUI). Also there are no plans on porting it to
> anything like gtk+-3 (or Qt (I have to say I'd love that)).
That part is a non issue imo. GTK2 will not be deprecated anytime soon
as many many apps still use it.

> Answering some questions already on this topic, hexchat has it's own
> system info script, so xchat-sys is pointless for hexchat (although it
> might work - yes, or what hasufell saw was the built-in working and
> not the xchat-xsys plugin).

Just fyi, I was testing xchat-xsys and the internal system info plugin
is derived from that one. So yes, we would not need it anyway.

At least we don't seem to have those security issues for hexchat.