Tomáš Chvátal schrieb:
> Bundling few libs and bundling 40 of them is bit of difference, will YOU do
> the audit?
> Also other teams actively work on the unbundling, while there is track of no
> will to actually make it buildable with system libs.
>
> Also the security is not the only problem here, it can also cause runtime
> issues. Like bundled lib does not work with xyz because it does not apply
> patch X that we have in main tree.

I agree that this package should not be marked stable unless the security
team agrees.
But IMO the package can stay ~arch unless there are actual security/runtime
problems. If such problems are found, then it can be p.masked with reference
to the bug report.

> Still keep in mind most distros won't allow inclusion of such software into
> main repositories at all, so we allow something fishy others avoid a lot.

The same is true for non-redistributable software (RESTRICT="mirror" and/or
"bindist"), software redistributable only in source form (bindist) or
software that may only be downloaded manually (fetch).

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn