Diego Elio Pettenò schrieb:
> In
> the mean time, I would suggest that, since the desktop profiles already
> have USE=ldap enabled, we should default on the same profiles to
>
> net-nds/openldap minimal
>
> to make sure that the default desktop users don't get a copy of openldap
> (server) installed.

I like to think of the desktop profile as a (functionality wise) superset of
the default profile. The proposed change will be contrary to this idea.

> So, should we change the profiles' defaults?

I would vote for no.

If this change is applied anyway, I suggest to at least produce a news item
in order to not surprise users about the sudden loss of their openldap server.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn