On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I, on the other hand, hope that this isn't an indication of Gentoo not being
> interested in systemd.  I'm eagerly awaiting the moment where I can "emerge
> systemd" and just have it working.

Gentoo is a community - of which you are a part.  There are many
commonalities that tend to bring us together, like our desire for the
flexibility and choice that a source-base distro provides.  The very
forces that drove some to create eudev virtually guarantee that others
will provide a mature systemd implementation (well, insofar as there
is an upstream to provide one).

I'm running systemd on a VM right now - getting it running really
isn't that difficult - worst case you might have a few packages that
didn't install unit files, but for that matter not all packages
install init.d scripts either.  Patches to provide either should
generally be accepted by maintainers if they are in good order.

Rich