On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:24:40 +0100
Diego Elio Pettenò <flamee...@flameeyes.eu> wrote:

> On 31/12/2012 15:17, Ben de Groot wrote:
> >
> > Looking back at 2012, I wonder what we consider our achievements for
> > this past year. What is the state of Gentoo? How have we brought it
> > forward and improved it this past year?
>
> Have we?

Well, is this an exercise in posing of the rhetorical?  Repeating of
the fundamental question at hand achieved .... well, nothing really,
rather like treading water instead of actual breast stroke.

The pen having writ (well the keyboard actually), the question thus put,
beckons a reply. i.e. an answer, So, answer it. Give the man a breast
stroke; something like;

Gentoo is up and running and doing fine. We have brought it forward,
and happily not down. Just look at the new nifty eclasses and their
docs to match.

Of one thing I am assured; the feisty temperament of the
archetypical gentoo dev is at its feisty best.

--
kind regards

Ian Delaney