On 01/07/2013 06:34 AM, Maxim Kammerer wrote:
> browser plugins? Also, how widespread is client DNSSEC support? E.g.,
> I enabled DNSSEC for my domain, but not sure yet whether DNS
> resolution anywhere will fail in case DNS responses are spoofed.

Comcast runs dnssec-failed.org, which is convenient for testing out some
DNSSEC validation failure cases.  Using a validating resolver, my client
sees SERVFAIL:

$ host dnssec-failed.org.
Host dnssec-failed.org not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

and here are some example logs from the resolver (running BIND):

named[80369]: validating @0x804ee5500: dnssec-failed.org DNSKEY: no valid
signature found (DS)
named[80369]: error (no valid RRSIG) resolving 'dnssec-failed.org/DNSKEY/IN':
68.87.76.228#53

--
Benjamin Lee
http://www.b1c1l1.com/