On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 5:25 AM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1i...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I still ascert that apps adding groups with NOPASSWD sudoers lines
> perhaps even commented out by default in all or some cases is far
> better than polkit for many reasons. Any counter argument can apply
> to sudo too and rather easily.

I think you need to consider the use case for polkit and such.  I
believe they were focused on linux on the desktop.  Imagine you have
10,000 users running linux on the desktop.  Anybody can log into any
PC.  Do you want anybody to be able to remote login to any PC and
access the webcam and audio, or access local USB drives and such
(which do not have POSIX security applied to their filesystems)?
Unless sudo has some config setting that allows access only when
logged in via console it isn't really a solution.

Rich