On 01/18/2013 09:28 AM, Benedikt Böhm wrote:
> i've refrained from doing unattended upgrades for a long time, but i'm
> quite confident in updateworld these days and i usually test it on 2-3
> machines and then let the other 50+ machines do it unattended and it has
> been working fine so far ...
good strategy.

> but - and that's quite important i guess - i only use my own clone of
> the portage tree which i sync from time to time and i also keep
> different versions stable, etc.
HEAVY USER! But you have full control.
Do you have any sophisticated mechanism to detect tree breakage (i.e. us
f*** up), like Samuli replying -commit to -dev or irc activity?

Or do you simply delay commit? (re-schedule on weekends/nights)

Delaying stabilization seems legit, but on Gentoo-stable ?!

--
Michael Weber
Gentoo Developer