On 9/02/2013 23:52, Alexis Ballier wrote:
On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 23:38:35 +1100
Michael Palimaka <kensing...@gentoo.org> wrote:

I even noticed some maintainers adding subslots dependencies on
libraries that do not yet define subslots. This too seems reasonable,
given that there would be no impact until the library defines a
(sensible) subslot in the future.

By the way, this could also be discussed: I did not check, but as far
as I understand it subslot is equal to slot if not defined. When said
library defines a subslot, the subslot will change and thus triggers a
(likely useless) rebuild of your package setting a := dep.

Alexis.

Yeah. This behaviour can be avoided by introducing the explicit subslot only when the subslot would otherwise need bumping.