> I'm sure I'm not the only one who really doesn't care about having
> ACCEPT_LICENSE work properly for a package full of binary blobs. It
> seems like a rather insignificant reason to split the package up.

Nobody has suggested to split it up. But until this is sorted out,
we should maybe keep the existing individual packages, unless there's
a good reason to remove them.

> If some of the licenses involved are particularly offensive to a
> large number of people, then it might be worth while to split those
> particular files out.

Look into the WHENCE file and be horrified. Taking just the first ten
items (of a total 114):

   Unknown license (3 times)
   GPL, but without source (3 times)
   "All rights reserved"
   BSD, without source
   Right for redistribution not granted
   "Permission is hereby granted for the distribution [...] as part of
       a Linux or other Open Source operating system kernel"

With one exception, we are not even allowed to redistribute these.

Ulrich