Markos Chandras posted on Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:36:53 +0000 as excerpted:

> On 02/17/2013 09:30 PM, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
>> On Sunday 17 February 2013 13:14:28 Alec Warner wrote:
>>> It is not clear to me why you would email the -dev list about these
>>> arches, vapier is pretty responsive over email and irc.
>>
>> I don't guess is a good idea have a private conversation and then drop
>> an arch...
>>

> Drop an arch? Who said that? We are talking about moving arches to
> ~testing.

Time again for the periodic "minor archs" discussion, apparently...

While I have no direct personal interest in anything under discussion
here, two observations, FWIW...

1) Having the private conversation (presumably with vapier) first,
collecting information that could then go in the post to -dev, would seem
useful.  Doing anything without talking to him first is inappropriate in
any case (as would be doing anything without a discussion on -dev, both
would seem required), and that would have made the -dev conversation more
useful, sooner.

2) That said, without pre-existing knowledge, no project page and etc
makes it difficult to even find the person one should have a conversation
with, in which case mailing -dev is at least some way to initialize the
conversation.  At least a "stub" project page, with contact info and some
minimal description of the arch, perhaps a link to its page on wikipedia,
when the project was started on gentoo and its goals, etc, could be
useful.

Which brings us full circle to the initial post, no project page or
contact info, let's change that, either creating at least some minimal
project pages with contact info at minimum (preferred if they are to be
kept), or if that's considered not worth the bother, then really, why are
they worth the bother to other gentooers at all, they should be dropped?