I don't want to start another useless rant here, because I perfectly
understand the issue with ABI specific headers.

The problem is:
a) if you break a provider on purpose, then you should feel
 somehow responsible for the consumers and not just dump testing and
fixing on your fellow devs
b) just test such things in an overlay first and see it explode, then
think about it again and ask on dev-ML if other people find it even
WORTH the hassle

The other thing is:
We still have the conflict with eclass-solution vs PM-solution
(multilib-portage) and I propose not to convert ANYTHING else until that
conflict is solved, even if it means a council vote (that's what I
actually think makes sense here).
I understand both sides and somehow find it appealing to have a quicker
solution, but since this could damage years of work on a portage fork I
think we should slow down here.