On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM, William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> All,
>
> systemd, like udev, stores directory paths in a way that they can be
> queried from pkg-config. However, the systemd.eclass currently does not
> use this ability.
>
> The following patch models the systemd eclass after the udev eclass and
> leaves the current defaults in place if there is an issue with
> pkg-config.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> William

What problem are you trying to solve here?

We already know the values that pkg-config will return, so I fail to
see the advantage of calling pkg-config in the eclass.

If we were to move the /usr/lib/systemd directory between two versions
of systemd, then yes, using pkg-config would be helpful. Until/unless
such a change occurs, I just don't see the point.