MC> Please do not reply to gentoo-dev-announce.

I didn't.  I explicitly replied to the message in gentoo-dev.  If doing
that resulted in a cc to announce that means there was no reply-to
header in the message posted to dev.  Had there been a reply-to header
gnus would have asked me whether to accept it.

MC> The package is going away unless someone fixes the bugs and properly
MC> maintains the package

Again, that is an irresponsible mistake.  It is better to just leave it
as is than to kick it.  Dropping important packages can only harm the
community and is never welcome.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cl...@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6