On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:14:51 +0900
heroxbd <hero...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> KEYWORDS="~hppa-hpux ~m68k-mint ~ppc-aix ~x64-solaris ~x86-interix["]
>
> KEYWORDS_ARCH="~alpha ~amd64 ~arm ~hppa ~ia64 ~m68k ~mips ~ppc ~ppc64
> ~s390 ~sh ~sparc ~x86"

Regardless of your chance of success in making the extra complexity
manageable, I think moving the tradition KEYWORDS value to
KEYWORDS_ARCH, and reusing KEYWORDS for something else , would
needlessly increase the work required to "migrate" the portage tree.

Why not leave KEYWORDS what it is right now, and expand/change its
meaning using alternate variables so that you can (indefinitely)
maintain backward compatibility?

     jer