On Sun, 26 May 2013 12:09:21 +0200
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > Easy isn't always good. It's not atomic since you can't reboot and
> > because of that I wouldn't call it smooth either.
>
> Can't you? How come?

Because it expects the init system you boot with to be present.

> > > This can be done two ways.
> > >
> > > One is hacking into init (RC) reboot procedure. It's fragile, it
> > > needs to be fit into the right moment and I'm not sure if all
> > > inits will handle this without actually needing to patch the
> > > code. And in the end, the init gets replaced before init stops
> > > working anyway.
> >
> > You're making things way more complex than a wrapper would do. I'm
> > not a fan of using the words "hacking", "fragile" and "not sure" for
> > selling an approach; so, why were you suggesting the symlink
> > approach?
>
> Don't mix the two mails.

Don't read it as mixed, it is not; I take it that you agree with me as
you choose not to answer to it. If you meant to advocate your own
solution, expanding the other solutions is going to make us forget
about what you were suggesting; you're creating your own mixture.

> I am showing how fragile the solution suggested by Robert is. While
> you seem to be replying to every mail possible to repeatedly advocate
> your idea.

And I am showing how fragile your expansions to Robert's solution are;
thanks for clarifying you meant to point out its fragile, that was not
entirely clear from your response and I assumed another intention.

We are on the same line here, in fact you have replied more in this sub
thread than I did. The wrapper is not my idea; despites my advocation...

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D