On 06/16/2013 02:19 PM, g...@malth.us wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013, at 02:31, Pacho Ramos thusly quipped:
>> Due ramereth lack of time:
>> net-misc/stunnel
>
> Pretty sure my (dead, eventually to be revived) server uses stunnel.  I've
> never officially maintained anything, is there some documentation somewhere
> as to what exactly I'm agreeing to, if I take on proxy maintainer-ship?
> Also, of how proxy maintainer-ship actually works?  I.e.: would I need some
> particular person to agree to be my commit-bitch or can I just sign off on
> patches, somehow, and expect a pool of commit-bitches to magically push
> commits for me?
>
> -gmt

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/proxy-maintainers/

Afaik any of the proxy maintainers listed there can be contacted
whenever you need to apply changes to the ebuild.

They will do some kind of minimal review to check that coding style and
general ebuild rules are respected.

But basically any developer can be your proxy.