On 22/06/2013 11:42, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
This needs to be in the above data:

So we have:
Who = {ANYTHING_GOES, REQUIRES_DEV, REQUIRES_HERD, REQUIRES_MAINTAINER}
What = {NONE, TRIVIAL, MINOR_FEATURES, VERSION_BUMP, MAJOR_FEATURES}

So most of my packages might be coded with:
<nmu-policy who="REQUIRES_DEV" what="VERSION_BUMP" />
<nmu-policy who="REQUIRES_HERD" what="MAJOR_FEATURES" />

- If you're a developer, you can do trivial fixes, add minor features,
   bump the version.
- If you're in the herd, you can add major features.

It might be useful to have the capability for a free-form comment/instructions too. For example, we do all of our development in an overlay, and on occasion we lose changes that someone else has made in the tree because they don't know they need to be applied in two places.