On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 13:33:48 +0200
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> What can we do to improve this? I'm not really happy to have LLVM
> ebuild analyze CFLAGS to set proper space constraints. Maybe we should
> make check-reqs-r1 automatically bump the constraints by some
> statistical multiplier when it detects -g?

The problem with that is there is no way to determine how much larger a -g
build will be.  It varies widely across GCC versions (eg. when var-tracking was
added the size of debug info exploded, in some cases up to an order of
magnitude), and different -g/-ggdb levels.  All you can really do is warn people
they may run out of space if they're using debugging options.

--
Ryan Hill                        psn: dirtyepic_sk
   gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org

47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E  7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463