On 08/05/2013 01:01 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> It isn't a bad idea to still post on -dev.  Maintainers should be
> removing the local definitions, and just because a decision seems like
> the obviously-correct one doesn't mean that it is.
Follow-up question: Should _I_ remove the identical local definitions as
non-maint commit?

12:38 AM, Michael Weber wrote:
> "git - Enable git (version control system) support"

NO - different description :

app-admin/pass:git - Use dev-vcs/git for password revisions.
app-editors/gedit-plugins:git - Shows document changes related to git's HEAD
dev-util/metro:git - Enable support for git snapshots
sys-devel/gettext:git - When running `autopoint`, use git to store the
internal development files; this requires git at runtime, but will be
faster/smaller than raw archives

YES - approx. same description:

app-portage/layman:git - Support dev-vcs/git based overlays
dev-python/anyvc:git - Add support for Git
dev-qt/qt-creator:git - Add support for dev-vcs/git version control system
dev-util/monodevelop:git - Enable Git version control support
dev-vcs/cvs2svn:git - Support for dev-vcs/git
dev-vcs/fromcvs:git - Add support for conversion to dev-vcs/git repositories
dev-vcs/rabbitvcs:git - Enable plugin for dev-vcs/git
kde-base/dolphin-plugins:git - Enable support for the git VCS
xfce-extra/thunar-vcs-plugin:git - Enable dev-vcs/git support

--
Michael Weber
Gentoo Developer