On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 08/08/2013 06:48 PM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
>> El jue, 08-08-2013 a las 18:36 +0200, hasufell escribió:
>> [...]
>>> I am only talking about stabilization here, maybe that wasn't clear enough?
>>>
>>> The virtual is in @system and the default pre-installed implementation
>>> is INCOMPATIBLE with gnome-3.8. Until that is solved (in what way I
>>> don't care), then it should not enter stable arch.
>>
>> You simply need to install the basic stuff and, before installing Gnome,
>> install systemd, follow the guide and that is all. Did you even tried to
>> do that?
>
> http://blogs.gentoo.org/ago/2012/08/22/when-you-should-block-a-stabilization/

I don't see how that article is related to the issue at hand - this
isn't about a regression, but about alternative implementations that
block each other.  I'm not saying that an upgrade guide shouldn't be
in place (nobody is saying that - the Gnome team just committed to
having one).

That said, ago's article is an excellent one, and I only wish the QA
at my workplace actually appreciated this sort of thing.

Rich