On 22/08/2013 01:56, Michael Weber wrote:
On 08/21/2013 01:04 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
The manpower on these arches is below acceptable levels and they often
block stabilizations
for many months. This also causes troubles to developers trying to get
rid of old versions of
packages.

I am CC'ing Mike and  on this to draw his attention since he seems to
be doing stabilizations and
keywording on a few of them. Moreover, Agostino is also doing a lot of
work on these arches.
Maybe we should fix this situation (find more stabilization guys) rather
than the usual twice a year small arches bashing.

Imho the situation is that agos intensive work displaced all the other
ones, or they at least rely on ago doing the work and loose focus.

At one point before Ago came along, stabilisation of Qt was taking so long we had to start masking reverse dependencies for minor archs, so please don't blame Ago.

(Please note I am not trying to point the finger at anyone, just trying to highlight the severity of the problem.)

I have also been told that for some archs, new hardware is no longer available. That would make this not a question of if, but a question of when.