Michał Górny schrieb:
> Dnia 2013-08-25, o godz. 21:34:09
> Thomas Sachau <to...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):

>>> Would this variable be set by the user, in profiles, or in ebuilds?
>>
>> This variable can be set by users and profiles, when they want binaries
>> for a different ABI (e.g. 64bit toolchain with 32bit userland).
>
> Where it simply won't work since executables for the native ABI will
> overwrite earlier ones.

You obviously dont read my complete mails, otherwise you would have seen
my later example, which works perfectly fine, once this patch applied:
For the complete userland, set ABI_X86=32, so no 64bit target, no
executables for the native ABI, nothing overwriting the 32bit binaries
=> it works.

Of course, if there are further issues with the ebuilds (like only parts
of the dependencies converted with those needed for the binaries left
out), it may cause issues with the current situation of the eclass and
ebuild, but will again allow users of multilib-portage to do exactly,
what i described, since they already are able to build the dependencies
for their target ABI. :-)

--

Thomas Sachau
Gentoo Linux Developer